What is a Root Canal?
Root canals are common procedures and can help save your tooth from extraction. Dentists at German Dental Clinic have been safely and expertly performing root canal procedures for over two decades. Your dentist can help with any concerns, questions, or anxiety you may feel about your upcoming root canal. In addition, here are useful tips for overcoming dental anxiety.
Prices for endodontic root canal treatment
Prices for endodontic root canal treatment: 186 – 533 $
What does treatment involve?
Root canal treatment may involve one or more dental visits. Your dentist or endodontist will perform the necessary steps to save your tooth:
- First, your tooth is numbed for your comfort. A thin sheet of latex rubber is placed over your tooth to keep it dry. An opening is made through the crown of the tooth into the pulp chamber.
- The tooth’s nerve, or pulp, is removed from the pulp chamber and root canal (the space inside the root). Each root canal is cleaned and shaped so it can be filled.
- Your dentist may place medicine in the pulp chamber and root canal to help get rid of bacteria.
- The root canals are usually filled with a rubber-like material to seal them.
- A temporary filling is then placed in the tooth to prevent contamination of the root canals. You might be given antibiotics if the infection has spread beyond the end of the root(s). If your dentist prescribes medicine, use it only as directed. If you have any problems with the medicine, call your dentist.
During the next stage of treatment, the dentist removes the temporary filling and restores the tooth with a crown or a filling to strengthen it and improve the way it looks. If an endodontist performs the root canal treatment, he or she usually recommends that you return to your general dentist for this step.